Wrong Firmware Upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wrong Firmware Upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wrong Firmware Upgrade
Wrong Firmware Upgrade
2018-02-25 09:44:29
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a TP-Link WiFi modem AC1200/VR400 which I accidently installed an incorrect firmware onto. I now have firmware version 0.2.0.0.9.1 v0070.0 Build 170628 Rel 36958n and the hardware version Archer VR400 v2.00000000.
I did this because when I examined the firmware page in the configuration of the modem it stated that there was a firmware upgrade. So like a fool I accepted this and said to proceed with the upgrade. However I now find out that I should not have done this as the unit I have is an EU version 1.0. I attempted to download the version 1 firmware off TP-Link's download page but when I try to get the unit to carry out the reprogramming, it will not accept the file.
Is there any way to revert the unit back to Version 1 of the firmware. There is no MAC filtering in Ver 2.0 and as I had enabled this prior to upgrading the firmware I now find that some of the machines on the network can no longer access the network. Assistance is appreciated.:(:(
Options
4 Reply
Re:Wrong Firmware Upgrade
2018-03-01 15:25:15
I suggest to email the tech support to get faster response. Seems the TP-link staff seldom look into this forum, I opened an issue thread about 1 month ago, none of the staff ever responded there.
Options
2018-03-03 15:23:24
same problem.
probably caused by the preset selection function, on the firmware download page.
it is logical that you do not have to install unsuitable firmware on the device.
but the function preset on the last driver version is not suitable.

I sent an email to tp-link support, for my ARCHER VR400. they simply told me: "it could cause malfunctions."
now wireless does not work anymore.
the firmware version required for the specific router/modem is set to V2, for which reason is set V2?

about the firmware selection information
you have to look down, maybe later.. to read red on a white background, little appreciable and viewable
correct leave a type of firmware not set up:confused:
V2 may appear to refer to the firmware not to the router/modem model.

the router/modem, I have paid about 80 euros, and now it is not covered by warranty.

*it would have been useful to write the firmware selection information, right under the firmware function selection.
Options
2018-03-04 06:00:04
update:
now the progress bar if I try to update with the firmware V1 advances. then the error 4503 appears.
previously the bar did not fully advance, the error appeared about halfway
Options
2018-03-15 14:05:28
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3772

Replies: 4

Related Articles