Archer C5400 - Suddenly the router decided by itself 5Ghz is not allowed in Australia

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C5400 - Suddenly the router decided by itself 5Ghz is not allowed in Australia

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-25 12:42:34
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello all.

I have had this Archer C5400 for a few months now, and everything has been fine.

Until 17 hours ago when in the middle of watching Netflix the wifi dropped out, when I checked what wifi APs were being broadcasted, I noticed that the only one that was showing was the standard 2.4ghz wifi, and all the 5ghz wifi APs had disappeared.

I logged into the router and I saw this message at the bottom of [Basic -> Wireless] page: The 5GHz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country.

Now this is obviously not the case, 5ghz is allowed in Australia. I double checked any setting I could find where the router may derrive it's geographical position and its all configured to be Australia.

I then tried several reboots, and also a factory reset. From the very beginning of a fresh factory reset the router will not let me use 5ghz citing the exact same message of:
"The 5GHz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country."

I have also made sure it's using the latest firmware.

What is going on? Is this my $600 router dead already?

Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C5400 - Suddenly the router decided by itself 5Ghz is not allowed in Australia
2018-02-28 10:21:57
Yes, it is a problem that is happening to a lot of consumers who have purchased the Archer C5400 V2 Tri-band router. You'll need to contact support and get a RMA going.
Options
Re:Archer C5400 - Suddenly the router decided by itself 5Ghz is not allowed in Australia
2018-02-28 12:37:42
same problem here , very problem this tp-link archer c5400 , WiFi 5G1 got problem after power on around 10 minute will hang and appear 5G1(current channel N/A) , whatever doing factory reset, re update firmware, change wall plug point also have same problem , dealers said is hardware problem need return warranty and wait around 1 month more in malaysia.

Options
2018-02-28 16:46:19
I guess you need contact tplink via hotline.
It seems that there is something wrong with the 5G wireless chip, isn't it?

kenhwa wrote

same problem here , very problem this tp-link archer c5400 , WiFi 5G1 got problem after power on around 10 minute will hang and appear 5G1(current channel N/A) , whatever doing factory reset, re update firmware, change wall plug point also have same problem , dealers said is hardware problem need return warranty and wait around 1 month more in malaysia.

Options
2018-03-01 00:21:01
I’m so stressed about this problem that I’m going to purchase another brand. I’m on my 3rd unit, it’s been over 2 months with no issues! But I’m going to sell it and I’ll never purchase another TP-Link router! I got a deal on a Netgear Nighthawk X10 barely used by a Senior citizen, for $180.00! On my way to pick it up today! Good luck!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1460

Replies: 4

Related Articles