AC1900 Archer T9E Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AC1900 Archer T9E Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:AC1900 Archer T9E Issues
2018-04-06 20:45:35
I couldn't be more upset. I believe the card was not even tested before the replacement was sent to me.
I get exactly the same results with the new T9E adapter they sent to me. Although the box was not sealed and the anti-static bag was also opened already, I checked the serial number and confirmed it's not the same adapter I sent to them. It's a new one.
But the results is exactly the same:
- cannot connect to 2.4 GHz SSID
- Can connect to 5 GHz , but adapter status first connects at 1300mbps, and in a few seconds it begins to decrease until it reaches 6.5mbps
- It's impossible to use. web pages timeout while loading. Tons of packet loss jitter and delay to ping the default gateway, the IP address of the router (Archer AC5400).
- It's also weird that even before I try to connect to any wi-fi network, windows only shows 3 SSIDs available. IWhen I use an older tplink wireless-N adapter, it detects more than 10 SSIDs detected

I'm using the same driver that was running perfectly fine until end of January, which is the one found in Tplink support/download pages. Tried several others, each with different behaviours.

The results points me back to a driver/windows/compatibility issue. I'll stop doing any other troubleshooting until the next windows oficial update is released, maybe this month.
Options
Any news?
2018-05-18 22:16:39
Has anyone managed to resolve the incompatibility issue between the device and Windows 10?I'm having problems with:- sometimes connects to the 2.4 GHz network, sometimes- the 5GHz network appears, sometimes- when connecting to the 5GHz network, the speed is extremely low and the upload is almost nil
Options
Probable solution
2018-07-09 02:36:48
Hello,

I did not have any problems connecting to neither 5GHz nor 2.4GHz networks. Although it was awfully slow. Best I could get was somewhere near 35Mbps. On the same network, other devices like notebooks or smartphones achieved 120Mbps with no problems.

I was reading this thread and I started to monitor the reported connection speed.
The reported connection speed through windows network status page was 54Mbps.

I started checking various network settings and I found on the security page of "Wireless Properties" window that it was connected through WPA2-Personal with TKIP encryption. I changed that manually to AES encryption and after reconnect... 1.1Gbps connection speed and internet speed was 136Mbps.

Here are some screenshots:

Before:

After:

Here I changed encryption type:

Please let me know if it works for you.
Options
Re:AC1900 Archer T9E Issues
2018-07-18 13:52:26

adamaru wrote

Hello,

I did not have any problems connecting to neither 5GHz nor 2.4GHz networks. Although it was awfully slow. Best I could get was somewhere near 35Mbps. On the same network, other devices like notebooks or smartphones achieved 120Mbps with no problems.

I was reading this thread and I started to monitor the reported connection speed.
The reported connection speed through windows network status page was 54Mbps.

I started checking various network settings and I found on the security page of "Wireless Properties" window that it was connected through WPA2-Personal with TKIP encryption. I changed that manually to AES encryption and after reconnect... 1.1Gbps connection speed and internet speed was 136Mbps.

Here are some screenshots:

Before:

After:

Here I changed encryption type:

Please let me know if it works for you.

after 6 SIX months of trying to get my ac1900 to work....... this is the only thing that worked.... Thank you so much for posting this. you actually saved me $200 bc i was about to buy a new motherboard that came with wifi so i didnt have to buy anymore wifi cards.
Options
Blue led on solid all time
2018-07-26 10:44:54
Once I boot up my desktop the led goes from dark to flashing blue to solid blue and stays solid blue until my desktop is shut down. Does it not flash to show activity?
Options
Related Articles