Using a USB wireless adapter for a network printer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-02 01:36:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a Brother 4050 CDN colour laser printer (old - 2009!) which I have always used up to now with a direct link to one of my PCs. It does have a network capability through an Ethernet link; it also has a USB socket. Can I use the USB socked to plug in a USB wireless adapter to connect to the wifi router?, in order to connect to a couple of other PCs and laptops?. Does anyone have experience of doing something like this, and would a standard TP-Link wireless adapter such as the TL-WN821 work in this role?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Using a USB wireless adapter for a network printer
2018-03-03 16:16:02
hi
i have this problem please answer
Options
2018-03-05 07:46:17

indigekie wrote

hi
i have this problem please answer

Have you actually tried a wifi adapter in the USB socket? Let me know what you have tried.
Options
2018-03-10 01:20:10

DavidQ wrote

Have you actually tried a wifi adapter in the USB socket? Let me know what you have tried.

I have a USB socket ...
Options
2018-03-15 15:48:59
wireless adapter like TL-WN821 will not work. you cannot install driver on the printer and does your printer has the ability to connect wifi? I think not.
what you need is a print server, so you connect the printer to the print server and your devices connected to the router can use the printer.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3236

Replies: 4