Unable to set IP reservation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-03 21:25:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

For some reason, I am unable to reserve an IP address on my home network. I have been able to do this without issue up to a couple of days ago. When I go to reserve an IP, I get a grey box with a cross in it. I have tried rebooting the deco (router) and reinstalled the app but with no resolution. And coming to think of it, why do we still not have a web-based GUI for the deco, it makes no sense just to have an app.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Options
7 Reply
Re:Unable to set IP reservation
2018-03-04 20:57:03
I think I read somewhere along the way on here, that there's a maximum limit of how many reservations you can make...16? 32? Could it be that?
Options
2018-03-05 00:29:32
I think you may be right. The issue I have is that I only have 6 reservations and it looks like it's limiting that!

TP-Link's approach to the Deco is so half arsed. You can only configure your network via a mobile app what a bloody joke. To do any sort of meaningful configuration you need a proper GUI via a web interface. Come-on TP-Link get your bloody fingers out, we're paying enough money for this junk at least get it working properly. :mad:
Options
2018-03-05 06:52:23
FWIW, I have 8 reservations in mine.
Options
2018-03-06 18:55:48
Can you post the screenshot of the Addresss Reservation page here? The maximum number is 16.

felthamn wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

For some reason, I am unable to reserve an IP address on my home network. I have been able to do this without issue up to a couple of days ago. When I go to reserve an IP, I get a grey box with a cross in it. I have tried rebooting the deco (router) and reinstalled the app but with no resolution. And coming to think of it, why do we still not have a web-based GUI for the deco, it makes no sense just to have an app.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Options
2018-03-07 22:39:58

Kevin SG wrote

The maximum number is 16.

Ugh. I can imagine hitting that pretty easily, I'm already at 9.

This seems really skimpy -- the Deco already is tracking each device, mapping MAC address to customer-provided device name. Keeping track of an IPv4 reservation address should cost them just one extra byte per device (since it's a /24 wireless network). No reservation = set reservation byte to 0x0.
Options
2019-02-14 03:11:32

The limit on the newest firmware is indeed 16 devices. This is not good. I really want to use my deco system as is, but with a hard cap on address reservations, this is a no-go. Guess I am back to using it in access point mode, which sucks.

Options
2020-08-07 04:03:38
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 810

Replies: 7

Related Articles