WA801ND(EU) Ver: 5.0 - Does this device support MAC cloning?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-07 19:01:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

I have a cable internet socket in my room and I bought this WA801ND(EU) Ver: 5.0 wireless router to setup an access point and provide
wireless access to the internet for my tablet and PCs. I am told that I need to setup MAC cloning in my router. But I could not find MAC
cloning settings anywhere in the setup interface of the device and I looked everywhere.
Now I wish to know whether this tp-link model (i.e. WA801ND(EU) Ver: 5.0) support MAC cloning at all?
Thank you for any hint!
Options
4 Reply
Re:WA801ND(EU) Ver: 5.0 - Does this device support MAC cloning?
2018-03-08 11:31:36
There is no MAC cloning on access point. 801 is not a router. Why you need clone MAC address? If you cannot get internet access from the 801, first, connect your PC to the internet socket directly, check internet from the source. Contact the internet provider or check the front-end router. If internet is fine, reset the 801. Pay attention to IP address from the internet socket, namely the gateway of the PC when connected to internet socket directly should not be the same as the 801's IP address 192.168.0.254
Options
2018-03-08 19:34:27
Hi Shield101, thank you for the reply!
Actually I have two Ethernet sockets (or outlets) in my room and my ISP assigns IP's to MAC addresses of the devices that are supposed to be connected
to each socket. So I have provided the ISP with my PC's MAC address (on socket A) and my AccessPoint's MAC address (on socket B) and received fixed
IP's for them. Now I wish to connect my tablet to the Internet via the AccessPoint. And I am told that I need MAC cloning in order to do that.
Am I doing anything stupid here? I mean are there any better solutions?
Options
2018-03-09 19:09:11
Hi Shield101, thank you for the reply!
Actually I have two Ethernet sockets (or outlets) in my room and my ISP assigns IP's to MAC addresses of the devices that are supposed to be connected
to each socket. So I have provided the ISP with my PC's MAC address (on socket A) and my AccessPoint's MAC address (on socket B) and received fixed
IP's for them. Now I wish to connect my tablet to the Internet via the AccessPoint. And I am told that I need MAC cloning in order to do that.
Am I doing anything stupid here? I mean are there any better solutions?
Options
2018-03-15 16:26:31
You need a router to do static IP, MAC clone. That may work if the ISP doesn't have restriction
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 697

Replies: 4

Related Articles