No internet connection with Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-09 22:35:52
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Good afternoon,I have a HUAWEI B525 4G router (I live in the middel of nowhere with no cable) and I connected and installed the TP-Link Deco. Everything’s up and running: green lights everywhere, yet there’s no internet on any device (all new: iPhone X, iPad Pro, Apple TV 4K and Macbook Air). At first I thought there could be a conflict with the 4G router because I gave the new network for Deco the same name as the excisting network, when I did a reset and made a new network (added ‘DECO’) there was no improvement.Is there something I can do? Or did I miss something? I’m quite handy, but not a genius in this department. Thank you!
Options
3 Reply
Re:No internet connection with Deco M5
2018-03-10 00:37:23
Hi OliverKlunder,

Well the first step i would say is to try a factory reset on all the units at your home including the B525 and reinstall the APP and make sure that you have the latest update on the Deco app and the latest firmware that you can download in the APP for the Deco units.

Regards
Options
2018-03-10 19:52:11
More info: I can visit websites and such, yet Apple TV 4K will not work. Also the iPad Mini we use in the kitchen for Apple Music will not play music. Our Smart TV however does work when streaming video. Is there something I can do to fix that?
Options
2018-03-13 21:01:01
Hi, as your other devices can work properly with Deco, you may contact Apple to see is there anything you need to do on the Deco router to make the Apple TV 4K to work.

OlivierKlunder wrote

More info: I can visit websites and such, yet Apple TV 4K will not work. Also the iPad Mini we use in the kitchen for Apple Music will not play music. Our Smart TV however does work when streaming video. Is there something I can do to fix that?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1719

Replies: 3

Related Articles