TL-WN881ND v2 disconnection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-12 02:55:02
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Bought and installed the wireless pci-e adapter recently as I was having to use my cellphone as a hotspot to connect to my wifi.
Now however I find that I get random disconnection issues lasting between 3-10 seconds.
This is unacceptable for me as I game online, it has to be either a hardware or driver issue since no other device I use has this issue (can game online through wifi with my laptop just fine).
There doesn't seem to be a utility program created to match with the v2 adapter and I've already installed the latest driver even though that's quite a few years old, additionally I've tweaked router settings as suggested in your other forums.
My router is literally less than 2 meters away from my PC but I don't want to deal with wires, I have tested it with a straight up LAN connection and that works fine so it must be an issue with your adapter.

So what I'd like to find out is if there is anything else I can do to fix this issue? This has really been a frustrating problem to deal with.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WN881ND v2 disconnection issues
2018-03-14 16:06:44
Contact tplink support to see if they have a driver to fix the problem. To verify it's hardware or not, you can change PCI E slot, or install it on another computer.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1326

Replies: 1

Related Articles