Archer VR2800 - Problems Setting up Wireless WEP Security

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-18 22:28:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have a Hive View camera and after lots of problems trying to connect wirelessly, it looks like it only supports WEP, Security. I am trying to setup the 2.4GHz side for this. The guide is a bit vague and the FAQ shows old web browser samples. But either way, I have set the following:
1 - Security - WEP
2 - Type - Auto
3 - Key Selected - 1
4 - WEP Key Format - ASCII
5 - Key Type - 64 bit
6 - Value - something like 12345
7 - Mode - 8-02.11 b.g/n mixed
8 - Channel - 6
9 - Channel Width - Auto
10 - Transmit Power - High

The help says: - "Either use ASCII format or select Hexadecimal. ASCII format is a combination of alphabetic and numeric characters. Hexadecimal format is a combination of the number (0-9) and letters (A-F, a-f)."
Unless I am reading something wrong here, the both accept the same thing, i.e. letters and numbers (alphabetic being the same as letters and numeric being numbers!), but Hex is limited to the letters a-f.

I have tried 12345 in Value on the above settings, but get the following error message for ASCII or Hex on 64Bit:
Error code: 7500
Wireless settings conflict. Please verify the settings, e.g. 1.WEP security or WPA/TKIP encryption is not supported with 11n-only wireless mode enabled; 2.WEP security or WPA/WPA2 Enterprise is not supported when WPS is enabled.
Clearly from the above settings: - for e.g. 1. I don't have 11n only enabled, 2. There is no obvious option that I can see to disable WPS.

On ASCII or Hex 124Bit I get this message:
Error code: 87701
Please input valid WEP key.

I have tried the other the other 3 "Key Selected" options, to no avail.
So it will not allow me to setup/save the WEP security.
Any suggestions/support would be appreciated (apart from sending the camera back (for now))!

Thanks.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer VR2800 - Problems Setting up Wireless WEP Security
2018-03-19 16:19:28
you can disable wps under advanced--wireless--advance wireless--disable wps
For 64-bit encryption - You can enter 10 hexadecimal digits (any combination of 0-9, a-f, A-F, and null key is not permitted) or 5 ASCII characters.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1987

Replies: 1

Related Articles