Strange GPS Location on Google maps when connecting to Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-20 05:04:30 - last edited 2022-07-25 06:45:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello i bought a secondhand deco m5, But when i connect to it and i use google maps it tells me my location is that of the privious owner.

How can i change that?

does anyone have the same problem?
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Strange GPS Location on Google maps when connecting to Deco M5-Solution
2018-03-20 05:27:30 - last edited 2022-07-25 06:45:45
Lots of people with all kinds of routers have this issue - it's not Deco related - it's a Google problem. They have mapped the Wifi MAC address against a GPS location either from a mapping car, or from a device running Google maps with GPS on it reporting back its co-ordinates and the Wifi MAC address.

Google used to have a way to submit updates long ago, but now your best bet is to use maps and other Google services on a device with GPS in range of your Wifi a few times. Let it locate you fully over GPS, and with a few automatic reports back that the correct location on GPS does not match the Wifi approximation Google will eventually update.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Strange GPS Location on Google maps when connecting to Deco M5-Solution
2018-03-20 05:27:30 - last edited 2022-07-25 06:45:45
Lots of people with all kinds of routers have this issue - it's not Deco related - it's a Google problem. They have mapped the Wifi MAC address against a GPS location either from a mapping car, or from a device running Google maps with GPS on it reporting back its co-ordinates and the Wifi MAC address.

Google used to have a way to submit updates long ago, but now your best bet is to use maps and other Google services on a device with GPS in range of your Wifi a few times. Let it locate you fully over GPS, and with a few automatic reports back that the correct location on GPS does not match the Wifi approximation Google will eventually update.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Strange GPS Location on Google maps when connecting to Deco M5
2018-03-20 05:50:12

ajharvey wrote

thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1309

Replies: 2

Related Articles