Archer C9 V1 Guest access times removed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-22 15:55:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi There,
Does anyone know why the guest network times and bandwidth restrictions have been removed in the later firmware updates?
Is this true for all countries firmware versions or is it just restricted to the AU and UK firmwares?
Could it be my Archer C9 is V1?
It was an important feature when I chose the device so gutted it's now been removed.
I can't downgrade as my ISP uses VLan tagging and that feature was only introduced in the later firmwares so it's one or the other :(
When I look through the manual it still shows the guest access times feature under Advanced Guest Network or has the manual just not been updated?
I used the manual as a reference before I purchased it :(
Cheers.
Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer C9 V1 Guest access times removed
2018-03-22 17:06:01
artikel bagus
Options
2018-03-23 00:06:02
terima kasih
Options
2018-03-23 09:05:45
terima kasih
Options
2018-03-23 14:02:02
It seems tp-link canceled this function. I noticed the Emulator also doesn't have this feature anymore: https://www.tp-link.com/resources/simulator/C9v1_simulator/index.html But no reason
Options
This useless thing can't even restrict internet access times for any device
2018-03-23 18:15:38
Under parental control It also looks like you cant restrict total access either so pretty useless if you want to turn off your foreign students internet after a certain time.
Keywords don't work either.
I thought i'd done all my research before purchasing this. Feel a bit ripped off when it advertises all the features I want but none of them actually work!.
I'll have to look elsewhere for a for a router that actually does what it says it can do.
Options
2018-03-28 14:15:57
you want to restrict total internet access?
if so, add a device, internet access time choose the time you don't want them to have internet and keyword choose while list, leave it blank, which means during this period of time, this device can't access all the website.

powercom wrote

Under parental control It also looks like you cant restrict total access either so pretty useless if you want to turn off your foreign students internet after a certain time.
Keywords don't work either.
I thought i'd done all my research before purchasing this. Feel a bit ripped off when it advertises all the features I want but none of them actually work!.
I'll have to look elsewhere for a for a router that actually does what it says it can do.
Options
2018-03-30 11:58:33
Thanks for replying to this. I wanted to restrict guest access only as our 2 students were up all night.I couldn't restrict each device as they would get another device to connect, sneaky buggers!I've since bought another modem and now using the c9 as an access point so they connect to that AP only and I restrict using the c9's Mac address. Expensive work around but job done,Thanks for all your help.
Options
2018-05-19 21:59:47
In the end, you found the most reliable and stress free solution...replace the tp-link router with one from another manufacturer. It is not worth the effort to fight with tp-link customer service and/or dink around with various firmware revisions.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 731

Replies: 8

Related Articles