Forgot the value of returning customers?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-23 13:37:42
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Also dropped this to TP-Link on mail. I'm puzzled by their way of support, or should I say lack of support. Can some one at TP-Link maybe wake up? Running a business like this will only have one outcome, crashing. Any way - hope more on this forum would back me up and dropping a mail to: support@tp-link.com and sales.usa@tp-link.com

Hi

Where is the security updates for the AC3150 V2? (And other products)

This is my second TP-link router and it might be my last. There are many vulns out there, yet there has not been a single update since September last year for the EU (DK) 3150 V2 - What makes this even worse is that no open source firmware support this shit router.

Why are you fucking over your customers like this? Where is the new features? Like why not give a bit back to the people who buy and support TP-Link. I have also req. access to any beta firmware since I would love to help out with testing. I work with Networking as my job. But never got any repy.

I write this mail since I feel you make great hardware - but never supports it with features or security updates.

Please, TP-Link - supply me with some hope here. Or a beta firmware.

Firmware Version:2.1.0 0.9.1 v005f.0 Build 170927 Rel.57074n Hardware Version:Archer C3150 v2 00000000

PS. Hope this reaches a person at TP-Link who cares for returning customers :(
Options
3 Reply
Re:Forgot the value of returning customers?
2018-03-25 20:50:53
Having had 3 routers of tp-link, I left them for that exact reason. No real support of updates, though overall, products are ok.
Wrote to customer support enquiring of future updates.
I received a single line reply. "NO"

No "dear", no "sir" no "regards" no nothing, just a simple reply "No"
Options
2018-05-19 22:16:42
Consumer grade routers are generally not well supported. The business model is sell many at cheapish prices, support them for a year them EOL them in favor of a newer model - like cell phones. Consider your router a two year device - then replace. $120 / 730 days = 16 cents a day. tp-link's customer support is worse than that provided by other manufacturers but that is not saying much. D-link for example also outsources customer support overseas and most manufacturers these days provide only a scripted resolution process. You know if you are told to reboot your router before they ask if you have rebooted your router, you're in for an aggravating experience.
Options
2019-12-27 09:43:33

@peterr Totally Agree

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 667

Replies: 3