T9UH wireless USB adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-29 19:06:23
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
Every time I restart or shut down my PC, I have to uninstall and reinstall the drivers for my T9UH to get it working. Otherwise it doesn't recognise that there is anything connected(monitor icon with red cross).
I have waited up to half hour just to make sure it's not just taking ages.
Used to connect OK with older driver but I was lucky to get 5Mbs out of 5G band(2.4 was OK)
5G speeds good now(downloaded latest win10 driver from your site) but have the above problem.
I'm quite IT savvy but have had enough trying to fix it now, hopefully somebody knows the prob off the top of their heads.

Thanks

i5 7600K CPU
Z270 MSI carbon pro MOBO
Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB Video
16GB 3000 Corsair Memory
1x250, 1x1TB samsung 960 NVMe
3TB raid 0 WD Hard drive
Options
8 Reply
Re:T9UH wireless USB adapter
2018-03-30 10:31:10
Options
Re: Realtek driver
2018-03-30 17:55:09
Hi,
thanks for the reply.
Those are the drivers I am currently using.
First I let windows decide drivers but 5G download really slow.
Then I used win10 drivers from TP-Link site
Then the Realtek drivers you just suggested.
I should have said I have already tried the suggestions in the sticky about Adapter won't turn on at startup
turned power saving off
Even re-installed Win10x64
Unplugging adapter and back in after reboot/shutdown (tried USB 3 gen 1 and 2, USB 2) - makes plug 'n' play noise when I do it, light comes on with adapter but doesn't register on PC
Basically have to leave my PC on all day as I know I will have to uninstall and reinstall driver to get internet again :(
Options
Re: Realtek driver
2018-03-30 17:57:37
Hi,
thanks for the reply.
Those are the drivers I am currently using.
First I let windows decide drivers but 5G download really slow.
Then I used win10 drivers from TP-Link site
Then the Realtek drivers you just suggested.
I should have said I have already tried the suggestions in the sticky about adapter not booting up
turned power saving off
tried different USB port types
No joy
Even reinstalled Win10
Options
2018-03-31 12:56:37
What build of Windows 10 are you on? You probably wouldn't be on a Windows Insider Beta Build?

Maybe make a .bat file that installs the driver and put it in the startup folder? lol
Options
2018-03-31 13:17:35
Options
Good Idea
2018-03-31 19:36:25
I was on insider preview, that's why I reinstalled standard version again after opting out (I like to do a clean install)
the Realtek drivers you suggested are what I have installed thankyou
The batch file is a good solution, I may give that a try, just need to look up the commands for it
Thanks for your help.
Options
2018-03-31 22:09:23
Used the PnPutil command to uninstall and reinstall driver in an admin batch file at startup.
Still doesn't work.
I seem to have to uninstall the driver from the program and features then re-install from the setup program. to get it to work again.
Serious pain
Will have to find a way to do the same as above using silent switches at startup.
What a pain though
Options
Faulty
2018-04-02 18:40:25
I took my T9UH back to currys and got a replacement which works fine
So I must have got a faulty/temperamental one.
Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Up and running with the new Realtek drivers cheers.
Options