Deco Initial Impressions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco Initial Impressions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco Initial Impressions
Deco Initial Impressions
2018-04-04 04:00:35
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I received and set up the product today and here are my thoughts from a fresh install perspective.

I have it setup like this,

Modem and 5 port switch > Router Deco > 2nd Deco wired into switch >3rd Deco Wireless

Here are my initial observations;

I can't tell if the 2nd Deco is actually using wired backhaul?
I can't see what my client devices are connected at in terms of Mbps, or which Deco unit.
I cant see the network topography, or connection rate at which the Decos are connected to each other at.

Everything seems to be working and the setup was easy but I would like much more information that what is currently available.

Let me know if I am missing some way to do the above things I mentioned.
Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco Initial Impressions
2018-04-04 22:11:42
YorkshireLion-

You want the switch AFTER the Gateway Deco, not connected to the Router. Reconnect & repower the Decos starting with the 1st (Gateway) and you should be all set.
Options
2018-04-05 07:07:52
I’m not sure what you mean, I have my modem going into the gateway deco, I also have my switch going into the gateway deco, second port. That has my Xbox, PlayStation 4 and Nvidia Shield. There is a port that carries a cat5e cable up into a computer room that has a Tp-Link switch connected to various devices including the deco.
Options
2018-04-05 18:59:16

YorkshireLion wrote

Modem and 5 port switch > Router Deco > 2nd Deco wired into switch >3rd Deco Wireless

I guess PMSyPly means that you shouldn't connect it this way. But according to your explanation your connection actually looks like this:

Modem > Router Deco > 5 port switch > 2nd Deco wired into switch >3rd Deco Wireless
Options
2018-06-19 21:26:47
The way I setup mine is that I have my My Deco conected to my router. in office
Deco to 16 port Switch in office
Deco attached to switch in living room for backhual. have Roku attached to Deco second port
Mater Bedroom currently wireless may add as backhual in the future as all the room in my home have ethernet.
Options
2018-06-20 17:13:16
The new release will support to show the client information how they connect to the Deco.
It will be released in the Q4 of this year.
Look forward to that.

YorkshireLion wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I received and set up the product today and here are my thoughts from a fresh install perspective.

Here are my initial observations;

I can't tell if the 2nd Deco is actually using wired backhaul?
I can't see what my client devices are connected at in terms of Mbps, or which Deco unit.
I cant see the network topography, or connection rate at which the Decos are connected to each other at.

Everything seems to be working and the setup was easy but I would like much more information that what is currently available.

Let me know if I am missing some way to do the above things I mentioned.
Options
2018-06-21 05:17:06
Hi, in case you mean another firmware or deco?

Kevin SG wrote

The new release will support to show the client information how they connect to the Deco.
It will be released in the Q4 of this year.
Look forward to that.
Options
2018-06-22 17:50:28

marco.msantana wrote

Hi, in case you mean another firmware or deco?

another firmware update~
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 825

Replies: 7

Related Articles