Archer C9 USB3 and HDD Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-06 13:42:06
Model : Archer C9(EU)
Hardware Version : 4.0
Firmware Version :1.3.1 Build20171215 rel.35219(4555)

I have just purchased the Archer C9 with the aim of making my home data available to the family, but I have found that the WD Duo 8Tb is not recognized on the USB3 port .Upon attaching it to the USB2 port it finds both disk drives in the Duo reporting that the one has 4Tb available, but for the other volume, it identifies it as EFI with only 179Mb available although it actually has 4Tb available. Also, I cannot access the EFI volume.

What is EFI?
Why does it not recognise the other volume as the 2 volumes are identical 4Tb hdd?
Why does the USB3 port not recognize the HDD?
The WD Duo 8Tb HDD works perfectly if I connect it directly to my computer.

I have also experimented with a WD MyPassport 4Tb hdd and this works perfectly in both the USB3 and USB2 port.
I will attach a screen shot later.

Please advise.
Thanks
Options
3 Reply
Only one volume recognised
2018-04-07 20:04:17
Plugging My Book Duo into the USB2 port, Archer C9 recognizes the external hdd, but can only read one of the volumes.
Disc-1 is correctly identified, but the other is labelled as EFI with only 178Mb free space, but actually should be labelled Disk-2 with 4Tb of free space.
What does EFI stand for ?

I could live with the Archer C9 if the USB2 recognized and allowed access to both Volumes, but as the USB3 connection does not work and only one Volume is recognized on USB2 port, I believe that the manufacturers product information is not accurate and is misleading. TP-Link does not provide a list of compatible HDD and does not warn of any problems with the USB ports, so the USB3 port should work and both volumes should be accessible.

To warn others of this problem I anticipating writing a comment on Amazon etc.
All comments welcome.
May be there is a quick fix, patch, update, that I am not aware of?

Options
Same problem here EFI disks appearing and disknames changed
2018-08-15 00:45:06
TP-Link AC 5400.

Same problems.
3 Disks total:
On USB 3.0 no disks shown at all

USB 2.0 port (with hub (powered)
all disks shown (names are new and not corresponding with disknames)
All 3 mounting but names changes and 6 "disks' showing
sda 1 and sda 2 > sda 1 = EFI
sdb 1 and sdb 2 > sdb 1 = EFI
sdc 1 and sdc 2 > sdc 1 = EFI

Any help on how to get rid of the EFI "disk"?
Any help on getting original disknames showing?
Options
Same problem here USB 3.0 not identifying external hard drives!
2020-07-07 13:21:01

Same problem here USB 3.0 not identifying any external hard drives! Tried already with two harddrives one seagate and one Toshiba, neither of them were recognized on USB 3.0. Why support is not doing anything about it! There are multiple threads like this left without response! I am serously considerring on returning my TP-Link and buying Asus router!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 909

Replies: 3

Related Articles