Feature request local DNS overwrite

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-09 14:47:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I missing one small, but essential feature on current routers (Have two Archer c2300) for everybody hosting Servers.

Currently I have official Domain abcdserfds.net resolving to my official IPv4 Address, incoming connections are forwarded to the Server inside of internal Network.
If I am accessing the Server from inside, DNS lookup is resolving to the external IP, so the connection must bypass the Router and NAT also if working inside of the Network (with all the limitations applied).

The solution would be to set on the Router manual DNS entry into /etc/hosts which resolves the domain abcdserfds.net to the internal IP of the Server.
In this case router doese not go for external DNS, but takes the IP from /etc/hosts and the connection is done directly to the Server with full speed.

Solution would be very light - to implement GUI part to be able to add entries into /etc/hosts.

Would very appreciate to get the solution.

BR
Rosti
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 391

Replies: 0