Archer C60 parental control problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-10 03:31:53
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi... I have a Archer C60 and have some problems with parental control.

Sometimes it works and sometime it get crazy, blocking internet from MACs that is not controlled and not blocking internet from controlled MAC.

The system clock is correct, I add the MACs that I want to control in parental control, I set the time that I want internet in those MACs, I clicked in enable the policy and..... not work well... some times yes and some times no.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C60 parental control problems
2018-05-10 11:01:02
All the clients met the same issue?
Is the internet working properly all the time?
Have you tried resetting the router?
you may try to reset this.
Options
2018-05-12 01:44:36
All the clients met the same issue? - Yes
Is the internet working properly all the time? - Yes
Have you tried resetting the router? - Yes
you may try to reset this. - I've tryed

The TP Link support here in Brazil told me that this function do not work properly with a some HTTPS sites... Thinking that
nowadays almost sites works in HTTPS, this function is a fake function and will not work properly in the main function (block my children internet access). The Facebook work in HTTPS, Instagram too, Whatzapp, and so on.
Options
Re:Re:Archer C60 parental control problems
2019-03-19 12:35:43

Any solution for this? I have the same issues

Options
2021-01-19 05:05:53

@microcha 

Model Archer C60 (EU)

AC1350

Firmware: 14.1 

I am trying to set up parental control, I upgraded today to a Archer C60 from the TL-WR841N.
Im trying to set it up to give access to my sons wired gaming PC from:

Sat & Sun  1pm till 3pm.
Fridays from 4:30pm until 6:30pm
And no internet on Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday.

Your old system only allowed the times but would not allow full access, this new router allows the access but has very pre conceived times and is very restrictive. It still will not let me achieve full scheduling of my sons gaming PC. Can you update firmware to give a more flexible scheduling for parental control please. 

It would also be very useful to be able to pause a schedule for Hols for example and select between term time and Holiday times, But simple a return to a standard scheduler would be much better,

I simply wish to enable access at certain times and disable at others, with the ability to select times for each day separately instead of the “Sunday ~ Thursday” or “Friday ~ Sat” which does not work at all for me.

I did try the NZ 0800 87 5465 number which was constantly engaged, I tried the feedback option on the setup but it would not send and just said I didn’t have an internet connection (when the internet was working and I could brows sites normally.

I would very much appreciate if you could send me a firmware that would enable me full use of parental control without the confines for only certain day groups to select from. 

If I just set the time limit my sons PC will be still connected to the internet and hence using his time up if there is any program running in the back ground, Hence he would prefer the internet to schedule off after a certain time in the morning, and then turn on again for a few hours in the afternoon. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1106

Replies: 4

Related Articles