TL-WN822N(EU) - Crashing Windows 7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-10 23:46:51
Model : TL-WN822N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 4.0

ISP :

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with service pack 1. When I plug in my adapter, the computer occasionally crashes. Sometimes it is once every few days, and sometimes it happens several times in a row. I read somewhere that I had to update the driver, which I eventually managed to do. The next day, I installed Windows updates (as I had restored the system) and the problem happened again.

The Windows uninstaller in the network centre did not work so I used the TP Link one. I then installed the new driver, but when I looked at the adapter's tab in the network centre, the driver date was for the older one. I do not know if this is correct or not. I did not check the date of the new driver when I installed it. Could Microsoft possibly have installed the older driver with the Windows updates behind my back?

I emailed TP Link through the live support system several months ago and only got an automated email. Nobody seemed to follow it up.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WN822N(EU) - Crashing Windows 7
2018-05-15 16:15:42
Are you sure you updated successfully?
In your case, it's recommended to try updating again.
Certainly, it's unnecessary to do this again if there is no any issue now.
PS: you should send email at support@tp-link.com directly.
Options
Re:TL-WN822N(EU) - Crashing Windows 7
2018-05-15 17:09:30
My forum posts didn't appear straight away and it said that I didn't have permission to get to my own profile. TP Link have said to try using safe mode, which I will at some point. :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 419

Replies: 2

Related Articles