Archer C7 resets itself to factory settings after power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-12 03:44:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone !

I'm equipped with an Archer C7 since february. Today there has been a power outage for 15min in the whole neighborhood. When the power came back, my archer C7 was reset in factory settings... Thus all my devices were unable to connect to the internet. I had to do a full reconfiguration to make it work again...

That's really annoying because I can afford to have all my devices going offline if i'm not at home... And I also can't afford to spend a long time reconfiguring all my lan settings.

What can be the cause of this ? How can I solve it ?

Thanks for your help...

SeibZ
Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer C7 resets itself to factory settings after power outage
2018-05-16 17:39:31
How you tell the router get to factory settings?
All the settings disappeared?
Try to check whether the firmware is the latest one.
If it's not, try to update.
Options
2018-05-20 02:14:57
Also after getting the router all set up, Back it up. That way if you need to recover, it would be quicker.
Options
2018-05-20 16:49:19

Kevin SG wrote

How you tell the router get to factory settings? All the settings disappeared? Try to check whether the firmware is the latest one. If it's not, try to update.
All settings disappeared. After the outage it was exactly like when I unboxed it... And the firmware was the latest one... I backed all my settings. But I hope it won't happen again
Options
2018-05-21 20:09:43
This is how to factory reset the routerTo perform a factory reset, please follow Below steps.Power on the TP-Link Router, place a paper clip or Pin into the hole on the back of the Router labeled Reset.Hold paper clip or pin down for 10 to 15 seconds and release.The Router will reboot on its own. Once the WLAN light stops blinking, the Router is reset.Please Note, Resetting the TP-Link router does not reset the firmware to an earlier version. It will only change all settings back to factory defaults.Just a guess.... Maybe the reset button is stuck down as that what is sounds like to me. Power off the router and use a paper clip and see if you can feel or hear the button click.
Options
2019-06-22 08:45:46

The same thing happened to me.

All settings are gone (back to factory default).

Options
2020-01-28 10:15:25

I have exactly the same problem.

On each power failure, the router lost all its configuration (like a hard reset). It's very annoying.

Does anybody have a real solution to that problem ? (router firmware is up to date)

Thanks

Options
2021-01-06 14:06:17

@SeibZ 

I have an AC3200 with exactly the same issue. The Wireless SSID reset back top the factory default. The WAN connection reset as well. Had to do it all over again. What's going on here ?

Options
2021-03-14 08:57:26

@SeibZ I have a TL-SG1024DE switch. It does exactly the same. Once power is lost and back again, it resets to factory default. Very annoying and unprofessional

Options