TP-LINK Wireless Config Utility will not Uninstall from Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-13 18:40:49
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My desktop started out with Windows 7 a few years ago, and I put the TP-LINK TL-WN823N adaptor on it at the time. It got updated to Windows 10 (and got migrated automatically), but now I suspect the utility is causing an error with the latest Microsoft Update (1803 upgrade).

I uninstalled the driver (from Programs and features), but the Configuration Utility will NOT uninstall - the MSI says "cannot install on this operating system" (even though I am asking to UNINSTALL).

So, does the uninstaller have a bug, or does TP-LINK have a "remover" utility for this software, that is not required now?
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-LINK Wireless Config Utility will not Uninstall from Windows 10
2018-05-15 11:41:52
how about disconnect the wifi connection on the computer and try to uninstall the utiltiy again?
don't think tplink have any "remove" utiltiy to help to uninstall driver on our computer.
Certainly, this should be setled down on our side.
Options
2018-05-18 21:45:24

flying snow wrote

how about disconnect the wifi connection on the computer and try to uninstall the utiltiy again? don't think tplink have any "remove" utiltiy to help to uninstall driver on our computer. Certainly, this should be setled down on our side.
Thanks for your input, but I have not had the TP-LINK WiFi device connected for some time on this PC, as it is directly connected to the router via a LAN cable on a 1GB port. The problem is that the uninstaller utility seems to have a bug, as the TP-LINK Wireless Config utility uninstaller (MSI based) does not seem to work under the Wndows 10 environment. I just want to get rid of it, to avoid any intereference with the 1803 feature upgrade. Most MSI install/uninstall routines (if properly written) will just go into a "reconfigure" mode, and ask/confirm if the product needs a repair, or an uninstall. However, its response is "Cannot install on this operating system" although it IS already installed.
Options
2020-06-29 06:28:42
Hi, I have the exact problem even right down to installing windows 10 on my system. Did you ever work out how to uninstall that TP-link configurer? Fingers crossed as its driving me nuts. Cheers Drew
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4748

Replies: 3

Related Articles