Antivirus license

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Antivirus license

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Antivirus license
Antivirus license
2018-05-13 18:54:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,
if I buy a Deco kit or a single Deco unit, TP-Link gives me a 3 years built-in Antivirus. This is clear, but what if I add at later time (for ex. after 1 year) an additional Deco unit? Will the built-in Antivirus license renew? Or am I bound with the original one?

Thanks
Options
6 Reply
Re:Antivirus license
2018-05-14 16:45:20
Antivirus license is based on the main Deco.
If you want to extend the license, you can reset those old Deco units and set the new Deco as main AP.
And set others as RE to work together.
Options
2018-05-15 03:22:17
So this means that with a kit with 3 Deco units I can reach 9 years of AV protection ... right? If so, this is just great! :D
Options
2018-05-16 14:11:03

Fraxlin wrote

So this means that with a kit with 3 Deco units I can reach 9 years of AV protection ... right? If so, this is just great! :D

It's not like that.
It will be activated once the decives get internet.
Once the units get network, we can't get another 3 three years even we reset them.
Only we get a new unit and set it as the main AP, we can get another 3 years license.
Options
2018-05-17 03:41:32
Ohh, I see, now it makes sense :)

Thank you for clarification
Options
2018-09-29 17:48:12
I'm about to buy a new Deco M9 plus unit. I've an existing network of 3 Deco M5 units. The TP-Link official faq says to add first the new M9 Plus unit as a secondary unit to the existing network, and "after" upgrade this unit as the main Deco unit through the app.
I want to know: if I proceed this way, will the Antivirus license renew? Or it's better to reset all the actual old M5 Deco units, and create the new network directly with the new Deco M9 Plus as main unit?

Options
2019-06-03 05:36:04 - last edited 2019-06-03 05:38:01

Fraxlin wrote

I'm about to buy a new Deco M9 plus unit. I've an existing network of 3 Deco M5 units. The TP-Link official faq says to add first the new M9 Plus unit as a secondary unit to the existing network, and "after" upgrade this unit with dissertation writer tool as the main Deco unit through the app.  I want to know: if I proceed this way, will the Antivirus license renew? Or it's better to reset all the actual old M5 Deco units, and create the new network directly with the new Deco M9 Plus as main unit?

Hi there,

I chose the second variant. And I guess it's safer and you'll have less issues in the future. I took my new Deco M9 Plus and created a new network. However, I still had Kaspersky antivirus license then.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3012

Replies: 6

Related Articles