TL-WR841HP issue with NTP while in Access Point operation mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-13 21:35:42
Model : TL-WR841HP

Hardware Version : TL-WR841HP v5 00000005

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 1.0 v0000.0 Build 170906 Rel.34654n(0000)

ISP :

Hi,

I have two TL-WR841HP configured as Access Point (operation mode), DHCP disabled and they are both connected to my cable router via ethernet cable (WAN port on TL-WR841HP, LAN port on cable router).

Internet connection is working fine my wireless network is good also but I am having issue with time settings. Since time settings are lost every time TL-WR841HP resets I configured NTP (I need valid time settings for LED control). I have tried multiple NTP servers
clock.via.net
ntp.nasa.gov
1.rs.pool.ntp.org
2.europe.pool.ntp.org
but neither one works for me.

Is it even possible to use NTP time settings when TL-WR841HP is configured as Access Point (operation mode)?
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WR841HP issue with NTP while in Access Point operation mode
2018-05-14 17:37:57
Generally speaking, the NTP server will sync once it's connected to the internet even it works as Access Point.
Do you mean it won't get back to correct time after you reset the device and reconnect to network?
How about get from your PC?
Options
Re:TL-WR841HP issue with NTP while in Access Point operation mode
2018-05-14 17:55:20
Yes, once I configure NTP and reset the device time is not correct, it's like NTP cannot update the time.
Get from PC function works and now I need to login to the router and use get from PC to update to correct time. Also after NTP is configure when I click Get GMT button it doesn't work and I cannot see any message in router logs.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1418

Replies: 2

Related Articles