Still get buffering across my network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-20 04:53:11
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently installed the M5 mesh to improve the buffering I was getting through a range extender, but it has not helped. I am using a Netgear d6300 modem router.Is there another reason for the buffering?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Still get buffering across my network
2018-05-21 02:31:01
Salloyd-Any mesh system should be superior to an extender, but there's lots of variables. First of all, what is your speed you're purchasing? What's the measured speed on a Deco SpeedTest? And what is buffering? Streaming movies on Netflix perhaps. Is the buffering device Wired or wireless? I pay for 400mb, and get up to 470. I wouldn't get buffering running that download speed, but I've seen my speed occasionally drop to 10-11 and that could be a problem with Netflix HD or UHD. More information would be helpful for those of us on the forums to be able to help you.
Options
2018-05-25 21:14:56
I use Plex as my home media server. I have a Roku box in the living room. I had my video files on my NetGear ReadyNAS Duo. It's an older version of the ReadyNAS and far as I can tell, it doesn't support gigabit network speeds. Anyways, I attempted to stream an MKV movie a few days ago but it would buffer every couple of minutes and the buffer times were a minute or two each, so it was just unwatchable. I assumed the NAS was the bottleneck so I moved my video library to a local drive on my PC but the issue remains. The MKV in question is a 1080p BluRay rip - a 2 hour movie that's about 4.5GB. Plex Kodi Lucky Patcher
Options
2022-01-04 10:03:13 - last edited 2022-01-04 10:09:23

I Uesd  Plek as my home media server. I have a Roku box at the hotel. I had a video file on the Net Gear Ready NAS Duo. This is an older version of Ready NAS and I can say that it does not support gigabit network speed. Anyway, at least I didn't go down without explaining myself first. I assumed it was a NAS bottle, so I moved the video library to my computer's local drive, but the problem still doesn't occur. The MKV mentioned is a 1080p Blu Ray flash: about 4.5 GB of a two-hour movie.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2369

Replies: 3