Password Reset not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-26 18:31:06
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,I own a TP-Link Extender, model TL-WA855RE. I bought it one year ago and I configured it with my internet settings, changing the admin password with a new one. This week I changed the router and I need to reconfigure the extender to work with new SSID/password. I reset the extender with the reset button, clicked the wifi connection (on a Mac computer) and the login window appeared. I typed admin/admin as username/password but it says "login failed". I am sure I wrote the correct password, but it's not working at all. I also tried to use the previous password but with no results. I tried to reset it again, several times, same results. It seems that admin/admin are not the correct credentials but I don't know any others; "admin/admin" is the default as written both in the manual and behind the extender itself. I don't know what to do, as I am not able to access to the login page. Can someone please help me?Regards, A.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Password Reset not working
2018-05-29 15:52:23
Make sure your MAC computer connect to TL-WA855RE's wifi not your new router's. :
Just press reset button for 1s to hard reset TL-WA855RE. :
Then, try to login with admin/admin again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 747

Replies: 1

Related Articles