TP-link routers hacked by Russians!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-27 18:08:37
Model : Archer C7 Hardware Version : v1 00000000 Firmware Version : 3.13.33 Build 130729 Rel.56122n ISP : Ziggo - Hi there,In the news here in the Netherlands i received a message from the (American) FBI that many routers are hacked by Russian hackers, most of them are in Ukraine. TP-link routers are amongst them...What does TP-link advice to do? Or any other advisor? At the moment i have never experienced any problem with this router this far (about 4-5 years in use)...
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-link routers hacked by Russians!
2018-05-28 19:51:11
Hi,Only the R600VPN in TP-Links products is affected by this.
Options
Re:TP-link routers hacked by Russians!
2018-05-29 05:39:07
@ Apache,So far it's only one TPL unit but that doesn't mean they won't find out that more are affected later so the advice is to factory reset,use the pin method not the admin page reset, reflash the latest FW (OFFLINE) until a new one arrives in 2174AD, use Google DNS, turn off all pings, ensure remote is turned off and use the longest and most random passwords for everything possible, The Netgear 7000 is a logical choice but it has also had it's legs spread in this latest cyberwarfare time we now find ourselves caught in, Netgear has patched it but tbh is any of this patching doing anything, seems to me the whole comms industry is open season right now, if it ain't a cpu backdoor it's a backdoor in something else, digital locks require no brute force jjust enough time and cpu power basically,The beautiful thing is all these things hold the launch codes for MAD, won't be long now and we can all go melt and then finger point once we find ourselves in Purgatory.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2500

Replies: 2

Related Articles