5Ghz band not showing in android devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-28 16:11:47
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model: TP-Link Archer C5400Version: V2Firmware: 1.2.2 Build 20170912 Hello! I have an Archer C5400 wifi router. All bands are working fine in Windows laptops and iPhones but 5Ghz band is not showing up in android devices like Samsung and HTC. I have also tried changing the 5Ghz band channels but nothing made it able to be available in Wireless Network selection list of android devices. It is definitely not a Region problem as all bands are working fine in my region on iphone and laptops. Should i claim a new wifi router or is there any workaround available?
Options
5 Reply
Re:5Ghz band not showing in android devices
2018-05-29 02:39:56
Are the android devices you tested compatible with the norms a or ac?. If they aren't, that's why you can't see the 5Ghz network.
Options
2018-05-30 13:00:37
Yes, the tested devices are compatible for 5Ghz band (having a/ac). The problem with TP-Link Archer C5400 is that it does not support 5GHz channels above 150 for Android devices.. I have configured the D-Link Dual Band Wifi router on a 5GHz band at channel 153 and it start showing in all compatible android devices.
Options
2018-05-30 17:45:39

Haris wrote

Yes, the tested devices are compatible for 5Ghz band (having a/ac). The problem with TP-Link Archer C5400 is that it does not support 5GHz channels above 150 for Android devices.. I have configured the D-Link Dual Band Wifi router on a 5GHz band at channel 153 and it start showing in all compatible android devices.
That is not your problem - the router supports channels higher than 150 for the 5GHz bands. You probably have yours set to "AUTO". You can change the setting in the "Wireless" section once you log into your router.
Options
2018-06-01 12:54:46

gandalf1369 wrote

That is not your problem - the router supports channels higher than 150 for the 5GHz bands. You probably have yours set to "AUTO". You can change the setting in the "Wireless" section once you log into your router.
I have checked the router and it seriously doesn't support bands higher than 100 for 5Ghz, that's why i started this thread after trying all the workarounds, i don't know whether it might be a firmware issue but that router didn't work for me.
Options
2018-06-01 12:56:23

Haris wrote

I have checked the router and it seriously doesn't support bands higher than 100 for 5Ghz, that's why i started this thread after trying all the workarounds, i don't know whether it might be a firmware issue but that router didn't work for me.
Doesn't support band higher than 150 not 100.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2904

Replies: 5

Related Articles