Deco M5 in AP-mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 in AP-mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 in AP-mode
Deco M5 in AP-mode
2018-05-29 14:16:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,In addition to using my Deco M5 units in AP-mode, I would like them to be connected via ethernet so none of the wireless bandwidth is used for the communication between the Deco units. I have already built this set-up in the following manner. An ethernet cable is connected from my modem/router to an unmanaged 8-port switch. Al the Deco units are connected to the switch via ethernet.Because I only see low wireless speeds (60 Mbps) I suspect that the ethernet connections aren't working properly. Could you please tell if I have wired the set-up corectly?Thank you for your response in advance.With kind regards,Daan de Vos
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 in AP-mode
2018-06-01 15:30:13
What's the firmware version of your Deco M5? Try to update to the latet firmware.
Do you use D-link switch?
D-Link switches cannot handle and forward the Ethernet II control message that based on the standard IEEE 1905.1 protocol, which is used to set up a wired network. TP-Link and other brands of switches can forward these packets normally.
Regarding this case, it's recommended to replace the D-Link switch with another one for a check. Or contact D-Link support for a solution.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 739

Replies: 1

Related Articles