Too much connections that slow wifi speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-30 20:38:02
Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 4.0

ISP : Vodafone (Spain)

Hello, I'm using a Wifi Extender and I recently had issues with my ISP because I got disconnections, low speed and one of my wifi connections is missing sometimes (I have two wifi, 2.4 and 5). So, the ISP tech service did a reading on the reouter and discovered that there was a device that was using 2 IP addresses with more than 400 connections each one, so I had a device with almost 1.000 connections. That's the reason the router got overflowed and "decided" to mute one of the connections (5G) and slow down internet speed. And guess what, that device was the TP-link extender. So, I tried to setup both the router and the wifi extender. Now I had MAC filters in both but the problem is not solved. Please, tell me if this is a common problem or it is the way the tp-link extender normally works. And I would like to know if there is a way to limit the number of connections through the device. Thank you very much.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Too much connections that slow wifi speed
2018-06-01 09:01:53
Do you mean the TL-WA850RE using too much connection and slow down your speed on the router?How many devices are connecting to TL-WA850RE? How about trying to set bandwidth control on your router?
Options
Re:Too much connections that slow wifi speed
2018-06-01 17:43:21

Anton L.Z. wrote

Do you mean the TL-WA850RE using too much connection and slow down your speed on the router?How many devices are connecting to TL-WA850RE? How about trying to set bandwidth control on your router?

Yes, that's what I meant. I have 3 devices connecto to the router and 3 devices connected to TL-WA850RE.
What do you mean by setting bandwith control?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 757

Replies: 2