Positioning of Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Positioning of Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Positioning of Deco M5
Positioning of Deco M5
2018-06-01 19:04:20
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there

I am brand new to this technology. I have installed 3 units throughout my large & solid 1930s house. The third unit is approx 8-9 metres from the second unit. During set up the app told me to move the unit closer to one of the other units. This unit is now not in a position i would like and I still have dead spots in the house near where I was planning to site it.. My question is "Is the 9 metre rule a function of setup or operation?" What I mean is now that the units are talking to one another can I move the third unit to the desired position (about 9 metres plus a brick wall) or am I stuck with this limitation.

I hope someone can help.

Many thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Positioning of Deco M5
2018-06-05 11:28:45
The distance mostly depends on the environment and it will not too far if there is any barrier, such as thick wall.
You can check the signal with your smart phone from the main Deco to see whether it can be connected smoothly.
If the signal in the same place on the phone is also weak, it's recommended to use ethernet backhaul.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1967

Replies: 1

Related Articles