TL-WA850RE and printer via LAN doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-01 20:44:23
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I use an older TL-WA850RE (EU, V1.24, FW: 3.15.8 Build 150127 Rel.39463n) to extend my wlan and it does it's job. Now I've got a new printer, Samsung CLX-6220, which provides network printing only via LAN connection. I thought, I just needed to plug the printer's LAN cable into my TL-WA850RE and it would work, but it doesn't.
When I search the LAN settings of the extender for DHCP connections, it doesn't show anything. The weird thing is, even if I connect my pc to the extender's LAN port, it doesn't show any DHCP connections, but the pc has internet connection.
It would be great, if you could help me solve this problem. All I want is a cheap and easy solution to use my printer with my wlan, because there's no way to use a cable.

PS: If there's is no way to do what I want with TL-WA850RE, can you tell me if TL-WR802N might do the job? Because this would still be affordable.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE and printer via LAN doesn't work
2018-06-05 10:32:27
Firstly, all the clients obtain ip address from your main router and the DHCP function on TL-WA850RE will disabled once it successfully connects to the main router.
In that case, you can check the DHCP client lists on your main router directly.
If you plug printer's LAN cable into your main router, does it works properly?
Generally speaking, you may use them together no matter with cable or wireless.
Make sure you do install the driver of your printer and it can print when it connects to router directly.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1389

Replies: 1

Related Articles