WA901 no log out of admin session?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-10 06:01:21
Model : TL-WA901N / TL-WA901ND 2.0

Hardware Version : WA901N v2 00000000

Firmware Version : 3.12.16 Build 120224 Rel.61005n

ISP : N/A. WA901 is 2nd AP on wired LAN

How do I log out from an admin session?

Apparetly any device from which one has logged into the configuration using userid and password, is logged in for perpetuity. A reboot of the AP does not break the access.

I found out this to my surprise when I conneced with my tablet to the IP of the WA901 AP, and found myself in a situation where any visitor to my place could have used the tablet to change the cofiguration of the AP. No way to make the useage of the tablet secure for use by visitors.

Or did I oversee something in the admin interface of the AP?
Options
2 Reply
Re:WA901 no log out of admin session?
2018-06-15 20:25:26
Usually, I will enable Guest Network for my friends to enjoy the nework.
With guest network, they can't access the web UI of my home devices.

Certainly, we need to make sure our friends won't play with our devices, such ipad which is connecting to main wifi.
Options
Re:WA901 no log out of admin session?
2018-06-16 16:42:13
Still not being able to log off the admin session is really a PITA.

The automatic log on from my tablet seems to be caused by the Cookie which the AP creates on the client device, and which is not cleared at the end, something a proper log off would do.

Accessing the AP from a desktop, I have to log in very time, apparently because there is no permament cookie.

Unfortunately, the Android tablet does not allow to manage cookies individually, as Firefox does; one can only keep them all or delete them all. And there is some reason that I want to keep the USER-ID cookie of a certain website, which would be gone if I delete all cookies on the tablet...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1351

Replies: 2