TP Link TL-WR940N DHCP Settings Greyed Out and Unable to Change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-10 22:27:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,
I am trying to set up a Smart DNS on my TP Link router. The instructions I'm following are telling me to enable the DHCP settings (which was on by default) and then enter my Smart DNS server address into Primary DNS section.
All part on the DHCP settings are greyed out so I am unable to change any settings or input any address.
It's a brand new router that I purchased today, so I am unsure if there is any setting(s) that I have turned off by default that prevents me from inputting anything on the DHCP settings page.
Options
2 Reply
DHCP Settings - Unable to edit
2018-06-11 02:14:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I am trying to set up a Smart DNS on a new TL-WR940N that I purchased today. The router will be a secondary router to my Sky Q router. I have an Ethernet cable from Ethernet point 1 on my main router (sky), going into the WAN point on my TP router.

I am following instructions 4.7.1 here and I am stuck at the first point.

I am logged into my router and trying to change the DHCP settings. The server is set to enabled by default, which is what I want, but I am unable to input any primary DNS settings or start IP address. They are sort of greyed out and won’t let me edit
Options
Re:TP Link TL-WR940N DHCP Settings Greyed Out and Unable to Change
2018-06-11 16:42:16
Is it wireless router mode?
How about restart the device?

if you still can't edit it, it's better to send email at support@tp-link.com with your screenshot and HW & FW version of TL-WR940N.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2934

Replies: 2

Related Articles