MacBook Pro (2014) Not connecting to Deco M5 wireless signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-12 03:08:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

All my other devices (including other MacBooks) are able to connect to my Deco network with no issues, however my MacBook Pro only ever connects intermittently (about once a day). I have tried disconnect from the network, rebooting all relevant equipment but this doesn't work. I have read that sometimes there can be an issue with the laptop not detecting the correct frequency (2.4 Ghz or 5 ghz) but as I understand it the Deco automatically switches between the best signal and hence this shouldn't be an issue?

Any help much appreciated!

Jim
Options
5 Reply
Re:MacBook Pro (2014) Not connecting to Deco M5 wireless signal
2018-06-12 18:08:34
It *could* have to do with which 2.4Ghz channel the Macbook is able to connect to. I once had a client's US-model Macbook that couldn't see the wifi at all when the wifi was manually set to a high channel number. Unfortunately with Deco, you can't control the channel number.

I could be totally wrong on this though, just a suggestion. You might find some help in this link:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/102993/how-to-access-wireless-channel-13-and-above-from-a-us-mac-book-pro
Options
2018-06-13 05:45:38
Thank you very much for this. I have dug around in the articles that are linked to this article and run wireless diagnostic tests and the problem seems to either be that:

a) as my MacBook was purchased in the USA it is struggling to connect to the Channel 40, 5 Ghz connection from the Deco - however it does connect every now and again. Or:

b) there is some kind of problem caused by the fact that the country code for the Deco is German (DE). However it appears that my Mac also switches to the DE country code, so they don't appear to actually be conflicting. However I imagine having your country codes be different to your actual location (GB) may be causing an issue.

As for problem a) I have tried all the simpler fixes such as changing timezones and rebooting etc, but nothing has worked. So it may be that I should replace the air port card with an EU card?

As for problem b) do you (or anyone else) know how you can change your country code of your Deco?

Many thanks,

Jim
Options
2020-06-15 10:15:21

@120044 hi did you manage to solve this? Have just bought the P9 set up and seem to have the same problem with my US bough 2016 Macbook Air. Looks like it is connected but no Internet...

Options
2020-09-14 02:10:21

@DLM9 Turn off 5.0ghz network on your TP LINK app. That should do the trick. 

Options
2020-09-14 02:10:53

@120044 

Turn off 5.0ghz network on your TP LINK app. That should do the trick. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5468

Replies: 5

Related Articles