USB adapter UE200 not recognized by Windows

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-14 10:20:19
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey all.

I Bought this RJ45 to USB adapter, so I could use UTP on my laptop and eventually on my PCs. But I can't make it work.

I tried it on my laptop with Win10 and my PC with Win7.

In all of them it's recognized as a CD, and on it there's the driver. Installing it resulted in no change. Win10 gives no sign other than the CD drive when it's connected. Win7 shows a systray notification that it detected a new devide and is trying to install, but it finds no driver by itself.

I downloaded its driver at https://www.tp-link.com/uk/download/UE200.html and installed it. On Win10 it doesn't offer option to intall, instead if offers to repair. This option actually installs the driver. On Win7 it installs normally.

But even after installing this driver, nothing changes. On both OS I can't find it on Device Manager, and it's not included as a Network Connection. I connected it to my modem which has DHCP, and ipconfig lists nothing too.

I supposed it's broken, but it being detected as a CD drive makes me think it's a software issue.

Help please :(
Options
2 Reply
Re:USB adapter UE200 not recognized by Windows
2018-06-20 16:25:06
After you installed on win7, what's the status of LED?
Does it get internet connection?

Control Panel-- network and sharing center-- change adapter settings.
Can you see the local area connection?
Try to disable and enable it. Good luck
Options
Re:USB adapter UE200 not recognized by Windows
2018-06-21 06:14:29
Hello Kevin tnx for the help! I'm testing ATM on Win10.

When only it is connected, its LED is off and it's not shown on Network and Sharing Center. On Network Connections there's only Bluetooth and WiFi.

When I connect an UTP on it, its LED stays on as white and nothing changes on Windows.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2848

Replies: 2