Archer C8 v1 compatibility with Intel 9260 client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-20 18:45:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently installed a new Intel Wireless-AC 9260 card in my Dell XPS 9570 laptop (Windows 10 April 2018 Update), installed the latest Intel drivers and then connected to the Archer C8 on the 5 GHz SSID which is set to 802.11 a/n/ac/mixed. Unfortunately the link speed as shown in the Network and Sharing Center was only 54 Mbps. My previous client card - Killer 1535 - shows link speed of 866 Mbps. I tried a number of different configuration changes to the Archer C8 wireless settings but could not increase the link speed. I have since reverted to the Killer card to avoid slow network speeds but was wondering whether there is a specific configuration setting that needs to be changed to make the Intel card work properly with the Archer C8. Thanks.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C8 v1 compatibility with Intel 9260 client
2018-06-22 16:52:21
54Mbps is the wireless 11g's standard.
Did you disable WMM on the router?
You may reset the router to factory default and reconfigure it.
If it's working well before, you'd better check whether there is anything changed.

Generally speaking, there is no any specific settings we need to do on a wireless router even we change a wirleess adapter.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 521

Replies: 1

Related Articles