Range Extender and POE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Range Extender and POE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Range Extender and POE
Range Extender and POE
2018-06-20 20:26:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have to install a Polycom soundstation IP5000 in a room where there is no wired network in. So I want to use a TL- WA850RE (which we use alerady in few places here). But the phone requires a POE power supply. So I plan to do the following and I like to know if this would work!

A use of a POE power supply which will be connected to the TL-WA850RE, in which, the IP phone will be plugged in. So this way, I assume POE will power the phone right?

Thanks in advance for your support.

VDR2018
Options
2 Reply
Re:Range Extender and POE
2018-06-21 16:42:54
TL-WA850RE can only provide your internet extender but it does not support POE.
For the POE connection, you can also refer to this:
https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-167.html
This is very useful introduction.
Options
Re:Range Extender and POE
2018-06-21 20:10:43
Hi and thanks for that useful explanations. I know that TL-WA850RE doesn't support POE by itself that's why I asked if by ADDING a POE power supply other dans TP-Link product before or after the TL-WA850RE would work? Because there is no network jack in the room the phone goes in so that's why the TL-WA850RE will be used. In addition to that, I have to provide PoE power to the phone so I planned to use a PoE power supply.

Thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2472

Replies: 2

Related Articles