New firmware available 1.2.1 (13M)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New firmware available 1.2.1 (13M)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
29 Reply
Re:New firmware available 1.2.1 (13M)
2018-06-25 05:48:48
After upgrading my Decos to the latest firmware, 1.2.1, one of my 3 M5s has gone rouge. It has forgotten the SSID I configured it with and is calling itself “Deco_xxxx” (some random hex digits). I assume with some default password as well. This seems like a big security loophole for a node to ignore the customized configuration and revert to initial mode with a standard password.

Oh wait. I checked. There isn’t a default password — there’s no password at all! The WiFi connection isn’t even encrypted! I feel so much better now.
Options
You can delete people on your list
2018-06-25 23:09:37

baobab68 wrote

And have to notify 9 different people? I don't think so.
Now you can select the device, and then tap the 3 dots at the TOP right hand corner of the screen, you will get an option to either Blacklist or Delete the device.
Options
2018-06-26 03:13:10
Also had a far from smooth upgrade. My mian Deco went to solid red and refused connections. The other two went to flashing blue. I ended up having to swap one of the secondary units for the main unit, delete the network, and start from scratch. The 'old' man unit took two hardware reboots before it could join the network. I also ended up with a rogue "DECO_ mac address" on my connected devices list, as noted by Reddragon earlier.

I wasted two hours fixing this. I would avoid this update until we have more feedback from other users/TP-Link.
Options
2018-06-26 05:01:34

ywchai wrote

Now you can select the device, and then tap the 3 dots at the TOP right hand corner of the screen, you will get an option to either Blacklist or Delete the device.

There isn't an option to delete a currently connected device (which this 'rogue' unit will be). Not a big fan of this firmware update.
Options
2018-06-26 10:37:43

Noodler38 wrote

There isn't an option to delete a currently connected device (which this 'rogue' unit will be). Not a big fan of this firmware update.

Do you want to delete the clients which are connecting to Deco?

ywchai may mean it can delete the Deco not the clients which are connecting to Deco.
Options
2018-06-26 15:19:01

gilialdi wrote

After installed the new firmware I couldn’t access Internet and my 3 Decos was showing a red solid light. So I tried to reset them and create a new network but it was not possible . I think this firmware brick all my devices.

That happened to me. I fixed it by going into the app, Advanced -> IPv4, Internet Connection Type-> and checked the PPPoE details and hit Save.
Options
2018-06-26 18:41:09

ywchai wrote

you will get an option to either Blacklist or Delete the device.

Yes, have already cleaned up, a long overdue feature that I really appreciate. I must have been lucky, my update seems to have gone well.
Options
2018-06-27 01:23:56
my up to date trap project: http://wesley.posts.telrock.net

please remove this spam - do not click on the link - malwarebytes indicates suspecious site
Options
2018-06-29 23:45:48
I did the update, which seemed to go smoothly. However, ever since then my Deco network has been dropping connections - both wired and wireless - at random times, but never far between. The unit lights all stay green. Not sure what to do. Any ideas?
Options
2018-07-04 14:08:19
The problems I have after updating to New firmware 1.2.1The app says that all 3 deco is offlineAll 3 deco shine steadily redBut Internet seems to work?
The problems I have after updating to New firmware 1.2.1The app says that all 3 deco is offlineAll 3 deco shine steadily redBut Interner seems to work?
Options
Related Articles