Problem with repeater mode - tl wr941hp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-23 04:49:17
Model : TL-WR941HP

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone,
I bought TL-WR941HP 5 days ago and I have problems with repeater mode:

1. After 3 or 4 hours the signal of the repeater disappears and disconnect me, I tried configuring a second SSID to the repeated signal and the same thing happens, after a couple of hours the signal disappears being that in the router the LED RE, WIFI are on.

2. When the signal does not disappear in the same way, it disconnects me, but when trying to enter to the SSID, it asks for a password and it tells me an incorrect password, as it is correct.
And to solve these problems I must reset the settings and reconfigure everything from 0; But the problems come back and the same cycle repeats.

Plz I need help or I´ll go crazy :(
Options
10 Reply
Re:Problem with repeater mode - tl wr941hp
2018-06-29 14:58:39
Update the firmware of the router to the latest one.
change the wireless channel on your main router.

Then, try to reconfigure the repeater.
Good luck..
Options
2018-06-30 08:59:54

uutommi wrote

Good luck..

But where do I find the latest firmware version? in this page only the configuration guides are available.
To change the channel of the main router, should I use one that is not occupied by any signal close to my own?

Thx for ur response :)
Options
2018-07-09 02:12:37

uutommi wrote

Good luck..

I also bought TL-WR941HP to use it as a range extender and had the same situation.

After putting my main router to work at a free channel, and also changing the IP of the TL-WR941HP and turning off DHCP, the extender network as running fine, with a different SSID.

But after some hours, the connection would be lost, and I had to reset the TL-WR941HP for it to come back. I contacted TP-Link's technical support, and the technician informed me to go for the warranty, as the product should work fine (firmware is up to date).

But also my main router is not TP-Link, it is a Multilaser one. A shopkeeper said to me that even though companies inform that their products work with every other brand, they actually do not. So am I studying with is the best approach to solve my problem.
Options
2018-07-10 11:32:05

miki0071 wrote

But where do I find the latest firmware version? in this page only the configuration guides are available.
To change the channel of the main router, should I use one that is not occupied by any signal close to my own?

Thx for ur response :)

go to tp-link official website to download the latest firmware.

Make sure it's suitable for your current version, for example, your current one is EU version, you can only update the EU version.

Yes, change a relative loose channel. good luck..
Options
2018-07-10 11:37:37

luizenger wrote

I also bought TL-WR941HP to use it as a range extender and had the same situation.

After putting my main router to work at a free channel, and also changing the IP of the TL-WR941HP and turning off DHCP, the extender network as running fine, with a different SSID.

But after some hours, the connection would be lost, and I had to reset the TL-WR941HP for it to come back. I contacted TP-Link's technical support, and the technician informed me to go for the warranty, as the product should work fine (firmware is up to date).

But also my main router is not TP-Link, it is a Multilaser one. A shopkeeper said to me that even though companies inform that their products work with every other brand, they actually do not. So am I studying with is the best approach to solve my problem.

Generally speaking, they should work properly if you can set them successfully.

If it's possible, try to exchange the location and set the TL-WR941HP as the main router and configure range extender on your other one.
Options
2018-07-15 03:47:16

Bowen98 wrote

go to tp-link official website to download the latest firmware.

Make sure it's suitable for your current version, for example, your current one is EU version, you can only update the EU version.

Yes, change a relative loose channel. good luck..

I have the latest firmware version, I also tried using a free channel, moving the repeater to another site but I still have the same problems.
My main router is Mikrotik hAP Lite, maybe that's the problem?
Options
2018-07-15 03:53:07

Bowen98 wrote

Generally speaking, they should work properly if you can set them successfully.

If it's possible, try to exchange the location and set the TL-WR941HP as the main router and configure range extender on your other one.

My main router is Mikrotik hAP lite and I have rules of queues, marked of packages there, the router TL-WR941HP does not have to do QoS or control bandwidth or if?
Options
2018-07-18 16:14:35
TL-WR941HP should support bandwidth control or Qos.

Did you set any mac filtering on your Mikrotik hAP lite? If yes, it may affect the normal connection between Mikrotik and 941HP.

Suggest you exchanging 941HP and Mikrotik to see whether you can establish repeater connection.
Options
2018-07-19 07:26:29

Aprilcoco wrote

TL-WR941HP should support bandwidth control or Qos.

Did you set any mac filtering on your Mikrotik hAP lite? If yes, it may affect the normal connection between Mikrotik and 941HP.

Suggest you exchanging 941HP and Mikrotik to see whether you can establish repeater connection.

I retired the Mikrotik hAP Lite, now my main router is the TL-WR941HP and as a repeater I have another AP Tp Link, but the problem is the same.
Options
2018-07-20 10:38:19
it's suggested to call tp-link support or email them directly for this issue.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3628

Replies: 10

Related Articles