Extender AC750, RE200 will not accept internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-24 18:24:49
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello all

Well I am here after 5 days of trying to do something so simple yet I can not achieve it!!

I have the range extender AC750, RE200 v2.0 firmware version 1.1.4

I log into tplinkrepeater.net

1) Quick setup scans for my network
2) I select my network and put in the password
3) Skip 5G only need 2.4G
4) Custom name extended 2.4G
5) All good save page which re scans for wifi access
6) I get the following "Connection Failed. Please check the Host SSID or password, and connect again,"

I have tried WEP key (some discussion about WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK not fitting with this extender) WEP won't help with this.so reverted back to WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK

The only thing that I can think of is the IP address range used by the extender differs from my Live box
My Live box 192.168.1.10 - 192.168.1.150 Gateway 192.168.1.1
Tp link 192.168.0.100 - 192.168.0.199 Gateway 192.168.0.254

So under network settings instead of obtaining IP Automatically I tried "Use the following IP"

I tried 192.168.1.101 and the Gateway 192.168.1.1… and the range as the same as my live box, I also tried the DHCP Server settings in Auto, On and also in the OFF positions

Nothing works.. On the status page I have a red X Internet symbol and a red X on the wifi symbol before the RE200 ?

I have currently connected the extender to my laptop via the Ethernet cable as I have to constantly reset the extender.

I am at my wits end with this. It should be a 10 minute job at most but I just can not get this extender to work. I already have one extender setup I just need this one as well so that I can roam around with it

The one I have already is used by my desktop which can not be moved as it's fixed in the corner with the desktop.

I have googled and watched countless you tube videos but I am stuck, so here I am pleading for some advice.

Thanks
File:
tp 200.jpgDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Extender AC750, RE200 will not accept internet access
2020-09-17 02:40:50

@corrie90 

I am having the exact same problem. My extender has been working fine for years. A few days ago it no longer was working. No light in the RE section. I tried all the instructions to reconfig it and tried resetting it and starting like it was new and keep getting the same error as noted here 

My router is fine and works well. I just can't get a signal from the router to the extender during the last part of the setup.

I have the TL-WA850RE extender.

Please advise. Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1063

Replies: 1