AC1200 RE305 rage extender: DHCP server and WiFi channel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-25 02:25:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I'd like to buy an AC1200 RE305 range extender to use as an access point, but need to check some things before I do.

When configured as an access point, can it act as a DHCP server for devices that connect to its WiFi?

When configured as an access point, can I change the WiFi channel it uses on each band?

Approx how long does it take from power up to become fully usable? I'm asking because I'll be using it in an application where, following a brief power blip, I'll need to be able to re-establish the network quickly.

Thank you.
Options
3 Reply
Re:AC1200 RE305 rage extender: DHCP server and WiFi channel
2018-06-25 17:31:54
I am also seriously looking for answers to these questions.
Options
2018-06-26 10:49:42
Generally speaking, the DHCP server will be disabeld automatically once we connect it to original router.
The ip address will be assigned by previous router.

If it works as an access point, we can change the channel on each band.
It may take about 15s to get it re-establish as I observe.
Hope these can help you.
Options
2018-06-26 15:55:08
> Generally speaking, the DHCP server will be disabeld automatically once we connect it to original router.
That's interesting. The way I read it, you're saying that the box does have a DHCP server but that it's disabled if the wired network contains its own DHCP server. Is that correct? The way I want to use it, the wired network it's connecting to doesn't have a DHCP server - it's just a laptop PC. Also, can you configure the box's DHCP server, for example address range, etc?

> When configured as an access point, can I change the WiFi channel it uses on each band?
>
> Approx how long does it take from power up to become fully usable? I'm asking because I'll be using it in an application where, following a brief power blip, I'll need to be able to re-establish the network quickly.
if anyone has answers for these to questions, that'd be great also :).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2143

Replies: 3