Wpa3 wi-fi security

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wpa3 wi-fi security

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wpa3 wi-fi security
Wpa3 wi-fi security
2018-06-26 22:48:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

With the release of the new Wi-Fi security standard, WPA3, I wonder if there will be updates to existing routers or whether we will have to acquire new routers compatible with the new protocol. Will anyone know how to respond? In my case I have a C5400 and I would really like it and see a firmware update that will make it compatible.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Wpa3 wi-fi security
2018-06-28 11:14:01
WPA3 Wi-Fi protocol is just released.
The manufacotors need some time to develop and test.
Therefore, I think we may need to wait for long time to get accurate information from the product factory.
Options
2018-06-28 23:40:27
Understandable we will need to wait but wondering if TP Link will be doing a firmware update and to which routers. That's what I would like to know. As the OP asked, will we need to buy newer routers or will the one I just bought last year be sent a firmware update?

All TP has to do is put something out saying, "Hey. We are going to be working on WPA3 protocols for X routers. Here's the list of routers we can configure to support WPA3."

Done. ;)
Options
2018-06-29 19:28:51
TP LINK Support Official Response

Thank you very much for requesting information about our product.

For this issue, I've consulted our senior engineer. The WPA3 is a new tech, at present we do not provide firmware to support it. Because we need to test it first. In the future, we will take it into account if the marketing is great. At present, none of our device can support it. Thanks for your suggestion.

Have a nice day!

> with the launch of the new security protocol for Wi-Fi connections, the WPA3, I would like to know what the policy of TPLink about updating the company's routers will be. This year I purchased a TPLink Archer C5400 for personal use and would like to know if it will be upgraded to the new version of the protocol or if the upgrade will not be available forcing its consumers to buy a new model that is compatible.
> As I have other TP-Link routers, I would also like to know which equipment models will be compatible with WPA3, if any.
> I know that the new protocol has just come out and that there will be some time for adaptations, analyzes and tests to be done before firmware updates or new equipment are released, but it would be a good opportunity for TP-Link to give its consumers an answer on the subject, thus leaving in front of other competing brands.
Options
2018-07-03 23:16:12
Hey,
I've read the WPA3 paper. It's safe to say that new hardware is not required. But the path to take depends on the company. I guess most of the companies will spend resources on a new hardware instead of pushing a firmware update.
This whole process might take a year or so, stay hopeful :)
Options
2019-10-30 18:02:51

@akcanca 

It looks like WPA3 is on a recent firmware update to A6 (could be mistaken and it's C6 or both)   Is there a complete list of TP-Link routers that support WPA-3?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2152

Replies: 5

Related Articles