TL-WR841HP Connection Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WR841HP Connection Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Re:this is the problem
2021-03-16 02:11:14

@screwTPscam 

Thank you for bring this up again. While we need to understand the issue, then we can try to fix it. We hope you can help with this:

1. When the router freeze or crash, how about the LEDs status, are they solid on? Are you able to ping the router at that time? Here is a guide you may refer to do the ping test:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

2. Is the WR841HP working as the main router or AP mode? Is the modem provided by your ISP a modem router or modem only? If it is a modem router, please try to change the WR841HP to AP mode, then confirm if the connection will be stable. Here is the guide to configure it into AP mode:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/ (Case 2)

Options
2021-03-16 11:21:12

@Kevin_Z I must recon that after my ISP changed the old modem by a new one, which is modem and WI-FI router of brand Arris, I am not experiencing the problem since a month ago. Now it is losing connection but with less frequency (once a week or so) and I think it is because a conflict between the WI-FI channels. When it happens I reset my TP-LINK router and it works. Anyway, there should be a better diagnostic tools to diagnose this and previous behavior. All I am saying here is because a "guess" and not with the certainty that gives a good diagnose tool.

Regards,

Options
2021-03-16 12:09:37

@lupar 

If that is the case, you may run a Wi-Fi analyzer to find a clear channel, choose different channels on the Arris modem and on the WR841HP, then change the channel width to 20MHz, reboot the modem and router, reconnect to the wireless network, then confirm.

Options
2021-08-17 20:01:28

@screwTPscam I have the same problem, I had to restart the Router every so often to return to have stable Internet, but for a week the speed dropped considerably until one morning the Internet went completely, it no longer connects to the Internet and if it does it emits an absurdly low speed, approx 20kBps. I regret buying this garbage. 

Options
2021-08-17 20:08:36
The RE LED flashes when I turn it on but after a while it turns off, I'm using the wr841hp V5 in repeater mode with its latest firmware version, a couple of weeks ago I had no problem until one day it lowered the speed considerably, and then it stopped giving Internet completely, it no longer gave internet neither by cable nor by Wifi, I put an Asus router in repeater mode and it worked without any problem, the router tp link is the problem here
Options
Related Articles