RE580D and Bell Fibe Internet Connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-04 07:03:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am not sure how best to word this problem but I will give it a try. I will be referring to the following hardware, software and WiFi connections:

Hardware:
RE580D (TP-Link Repeater)
Bell Fibe Modem (supplied by Bell)

Android Phone
Desktop Computer (Windows 10)

Software:
Remote Ripple on Android Phone (tried this on two different phones)

WiFi on TP-link:

Wifi 2.4g Named: BELL855-24
Wifi 5g Named: BELL855-5g

WiFi on Bell Modem:

Wifi 2.4g Named: BELL855
Wifi 5g Named: Bell855-5g (yes same a Bell Modem, I tried different and same problem)

So this is my best description of what happens:

I setup the RE580D using the setup instructions 2 weeks ago. I started experiencing this problem last night so I reset the RE580D to factory defaults and upgraded the Firmware to the latest available for the US model of RE580D (which i have). This did not solve the problem so I am hopeful somebody has an idea of what is happening.

The RE580D is setup in the back room of my house not too far from my Bell Modem, I needed a solution to give me internet access in this room as wired was not an option. The repeater was required for my smart TV which had difficulties with performance on both 2.4 and 5g connected to the Bell Modem wifi.

As stated earlier the setup went easy. I have the wired portion of the RE580D going over 2.4g (BELL855) and all seems well. But if I connect to the Desktop computer
(using the wired RE580D) using Remote Ripple on my Android phone that is connected to the Bell FIbe Modem's wifi (BELL855) the Bell Fibe modem will reboot itself after maybe 30 to 45 seconds. The result is obviously the entire network is down until the Bell Modem reboots and reconnect to the internet.

I don't understand why connecting using a wifi device using the Bell modem to the desktop computer connected to the RE580D would cause the Bell Modem to reboot. the RE580D is also using the same wifi. Its as if the Bell modem panics or something or thinks there is an error of some sort and reboots itself. I have check the log files on both the Fibe modem and the RE580D and there is nothing that sticks out. If I connect using Remote Ripple while the android phone is connected to the RE580D Wifi (BELL855-24) the Bell modem does not reboot because I am at that point using the Wifi from the RE580D not the modems (hope that makes sense???).

Any ideas or help to solve this would be appreciated. Sorry if I have not explained this well but I did my best.

Thank you,

Jeff
Options
1 Reply
Re:RE580D and Bell Fibe Internet Connectivity
2018-12-31 13:45:33

Damn, I just see your post. I posted a very similar one yesterday. Did you solve your problem ?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/152007?page=1

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 513

Replies: 1

Related Articles