Archer C1200 OPENVPN issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-04 18:08:34
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm an installer that encounter quite a few times over this router due to our ISP is mainly using this model.
It seems that when i tried to create certificate over openvpn for this model, some are able to do so. But some do not.
Does the service provider has effect over this ?
I've encounter one of my customer using broadband that's copper type which is a assymetrical connection has trouble generating certificate for openvpn.
Both of my fibreoptic connection which is symetrical was able to generate certificate without issues.
However, under a different service provider that's also using symetrical fibreoptic broadband, certificate does not generate.

Anyone has any idea over this ?
Thanks.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C1200 OPENVPN issues
2018-07-07 09:34:46
The C1200 is slower than molasses when it tries to run OpenVPN. If you're open to an inexpensive and separate piece of hardware I suggest looking into a Raspberry Pi 3 and PiVPN. It works VERY well.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 864

Replies: 1

Related Articles