extending the power cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-09 09:26:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am planning to wall mount my deco M5 to get better coverage at home and also to clear up desk space. This would require me to figure out ways to extend the usb-c power cable. I tried using a long usb-c cable plugged to a usb charging hub but it does not seem to give enough power to the deco unit as the status lights don't turn on. I also tried using a usb-c female to female adapter ( https://www.amazon.com/Exuun-Adapter-Straight-Coupler-Connector/dp/B072PR8Q4S) connecting another usb-c cable to the original power adapter which worked for a while but for some reason is no longer working now. I hesitate to use a power strip because I don't want an ugly connection visible on my walls.

Are there other options you guys can recommend? Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
Options
2 Reply
Re:extending the power cable
2018-07-09 14:29:41
tried this before.. no success with another usb-c cable

consulted tp-link support, they advise extension socket~
Options
update: now working
2018-07-16 14:34:09
I finally figured out how it works with the F-F usb-c adapter (i think). For some reason, even though the usb-c connector is supposed to be reversible, it only works for me when connected on a specific way.??*♂️
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1751

Replies: 2