My Wifi card is interfering with my HTC Vive VR headset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-09 22:49:33
Model : TL-WN881ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have a 3000 Mbps Wireless N PCI Express ADapter and I have been generally very happy. However, Saturday I got my Vive and even though everything was correctly installed, after around 3-4 minutes, the headset would stop working and go to gray screen.
I could hear sound and everything and still pay, but not see anything. Well it turns out, if I turn off my internet my Vive headset works perfectly fine! Turns out this is a problem that has existed for years now

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4h380x/vivers_that_know_about_building_pcs_i_need_your/

This is a different user with the same issue and the same solution worked, removing the wifi card from the equation makes the Vive work fine. I was wondering, is there a way to make my wifi card work with the vive headset?
Or is it recommended that I buy a new card and if yes, will this even guarantee that it will function with the vive?
Options
3 Reply
Re:My Wifi card is interfering with my HTC Vive VR headset
2018-07-11 14:27:45
it seems it's a compatibility issue between the adapter and HTC Vive.

Have you tried removeing the driver of TP-LINK and keeping adapter plugged?

In that case, does vive heaset still work? If yes, try to download the public driver for TL-WN881ND to see whether it can work properly with vive headset.
Options
2018-07-12 14:18:37

Aprilcoco wrote

it seems it's a compatibility issue between the adapter and HTC Vive.

Have you tried removeing the driver of TP-LINK and keeping adapter plugged?

In that case, does vive heaset still work? If yes, try to download the public driver for TL-WN881ND to see whether it can work properly with vive headset.

Sorry, not very techy, how do I remove the driver of TP-Link? Basically uninstall TP-Link?
Options
2018-07-12 15:58:55
I think it's uninstall the driver of TP-Link...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 927

Replies: 3

Related Articles