want to know about Touch p5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-10 02:50:14
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello All

i m intending to buy TP-Link Touch P5 as a gift for my friend as his birthday is on next month.... so before grabbing this device i want to take some info about this router

1) is it good router as compared to other dual band routers ?

2) is there any deficiency in buying this device ?

3) how abt its update ? should i wait for firmware updates ?

Your suggestion/info will highly be appreciated..

Best Regards
Options
5 Reply
Re:want to know about Touch p5
2018-07-10 10:27:37
Although most people think the touch screen is the advantage, I don't think it is because there are many differences with other common router on configuration.

I am used to setting up the router in a general way. Certainly, you and your friend may like the touch screen design:cool:

If you care about the firmware update, you'd better consider their other new routers.

It seems there is no any update recently since last time on 2015.

Recently, their Deco Wi-Fi system is very popular..
Options
2018-07-14 18:24:45

Bowen98 wrote

Although most people think the touch screen is the advantage, I don't think it is because there are many differences with other common router on configuration.

I am used to setting up the router in a general way. Certainly, you and your friend may like the touch screen design:cool:

If you care about the firmware update, you'd better consider their other new routers.

It seems there is no any update recently since last time on 2015.

Recently, their Deco Wi-Fi system is very popular..

thanx ... u're right in some ways.. i have bought and given it to my friend as a gift... but he didn't even open the box ... let see how good it will be after using it ... cheers !
Options
2018-07-29 18:55:21
having some issues with this touch p5 product

1) 5 Ghz ISSUE.. although we have changed the wifi name and its password yet it doesn't show the exact name in mobile devices and we can't access/connect it through mobile.. and when we change it from Auto to manual channel.. it disappear.. any idea what to do? is it faulty set ?

2) how to lock the touch screen? everything is appearing on the screen but there's no lock feature in it as far as i tried to find it... y ?
Options
2018-09-06 02:39:31
All suggestions are pretty much impressive.
Options
2019-02-23 17:01:46

I agree with the first commenter.  The touch screen looks very fancy, but at its heart, this router is less capable than some of tp-links cheapest routers..  As an example, my home network includes VOIP phones - in order to use VOIP phones, a setting called SIP-ALG has to be turned off.  Every router made in the last 10 years from any supplier has this setting available, EXCEPT ONE! The Touch P5.  My previous single-band $15 TP-Link router had this setting.  I am now using the Touch as an access point to provide some wi-fi extension and using a cheap D-Link dual-band router as my main unit. What a waste.

They could fix it in 5 seconds by issuing a firmware update to make this setting available, but nothing yet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 823

Replies: 5

Related Articles