Can you have a second RE650 to further extend the network beyond the reach of the initial RE650?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can you have a second RE650 to further extend the network beyond the reach of the initial RE650?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-11 19:30:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I would like to further extend the reach of my wi-fi network and I am considering purchasing a second RE650 for that purpose.

Can I configure the initial RE650 as the host network for the second RE650?

This is what it would look like:

TP-Link Archer VR900 Router -> TP-Link RE650 (1) -> TP-Link RE650 (2) -> Devices

Would there be any issues with this?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can you have a second RE650 to further extend the network beyond the reach of the initial RE650?
2018-07-20 15:35:36
Yes, we can but the wireless speed will decrease in this connection.

Better to extender the wifi like this:

VR900 router -> RE6001 -> Devices

VR900 router -> RE600 2-> Devices

That's to way, we'd better extend the wifi from the main router and the speed won't be affected.
Options
Re:Can you have a second RE650 to further extend the network beyond the reach of the initial RE650?
2021-01-10 20:59:18

@Bowen98 

Hi
I bought a second RE650 unit precisely to do that (extend the firsat unit's signal).
It is though creating conflicts and rendering both units speeed useless.
And if I linked the first RE650 exclusively to the router by cable? Unless I am wrong I believe this is possible.
Then the second to the first unit wireless.

If this were to work I would consider laying a cable router to extender over skirting and under carpet as it is important to me to be able to extend the signal to that second unit.
Please advise
Thank you

Options