Confused - 3 range extenders and VR2800 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-11 23:29:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I have a TP Link Archer VR2800 Router, and a 5Ghz and a 2.4Ghz WiFi network on it. I want to extend the range through the house and into the cabin in the garden, so I purchased an RE650, RE450 and RE305.

My plan was to set them up so that they all had the exact same WiFi name and password throughout the house and garden, so i would just switch between them automatically as needed; however, in practice it appears that doesn't actually happen. For example, my phone will often drop the WiFi network and run on 3G/4G. I have to force it to go back on the wireless network. When scanning for networks, I can also see 3 WiFi networks with the same name now - surely it should just be a single network?

Can anyone advise me on how to get it setup and running seamlessly please? Starting to get frustrating!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 571

Replies: 0