Suggestion for the next releases

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-12 03:41:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everybody, everything is okay?

I've recently bought an deco m5 unit and noticed that there's no way to set labels for the devices connected to the wifi network.

Anybody else also think it would be a good feature?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Suggestion for the next releases
2018-07-12 14:45:44
Dear Customer,

Many thanks for your valuable feedback.

We will take this into consideration and hope it will be added in future.

Thank you and have a nice day.

TP-Link technical support
Options
2018-07-12 18:50:18

paulim wrote

no way to set labels for the devices connected to the wifi network.

What kind of labels? You can give devices a name, and you can choose from 8 device types?
Options
2018-07-12 20:48:24

baobab68 wrote

What kind of labels? You can give devices a name, and you can choose from 8 device types?

Yes, I can give devices a name but only if they are mine. I just cant force my friends to change its device name only to certain that all devices connected are from people that I know.
When I say Labels, can be a nickname for the device.
Options
2018-07-13 20:37:59
Once you see a device on the network, if you know whose it is and what type of device it is you can name it however you want in the Deco. It doesn't have to go by the name the person gave their device. eg someone on my network has a Nintendo Switch and that came up as "unknown". I looked up the MAC address on the internet and saw that the range belongs to Nintendo so I was able to name the device "Nintendo Switch"...

Is that the sort of thing you want to do? Maybe I'm missing the point?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 678

Replies: 4